Part Purchase Orders: Spot Order, Receive Parts, and Invoicing
This article steps through how to create a parts purchase
order, receive the parts, and invoice purchase orders.
- To create a parts purchase order, open the Parts menu and
select Order Parts.
- Click on Spot Order.
- In the example below, a search was performed for parts containing "ACME" and
a few parts have been added to the order list on the right-hand side, for the Toronto
Warehouse selected in the drop-down list. After adding all parts for the
PO, continue by clicking on the Issue PO button.
- After issuing the PO, a Purchase Order pop-up window lists the purchase
order details. Each part is listed with its quantity and costs.
These fields can be updated in the text fields before clicking Submit
- If a part order is required for a repair order
activity it can be linked. Click on the appropriate Link button next to the
part. This will open a pop-up window where you can select an open repair
order and then select a labour line.
- To receive parts ordered from a PO, open the Parts menu and
select Receive Parts.
- Click the Receive PO button next to the PO to be received.
- By default, all of the parts will be entered in the Receiving Qty column. Parts do not need to be received all at once. If only some
parts have been received, change the receiving quantities to reflect the
shipment being received. This ensures on hands inventory in EMDECS is
accurate. Later, after more parts have been received, you can click Receive
PO again to receive additional parts.
If there are added
costs, such as freight charges, that need to be added to the receiving, you can
click on the dollar amount next to the added cost to add additional charges,
such as Freight. In this tutorial, added costs will be applied during the
invoicing step. If you are not ready to invoice the Purchase Order,
added costs need to be applied from the AP Invoices screen outlined in the Invoice Purchase Orders section.
- In the example below, two of the parts have been set to a 0 quantity.
Only the 2 transmission parts are being received
- Click OK to complete the receiving. If you are not ready to invoice the PO, leave the Invoice Number field
blank, and click Receive PO.
- The outstanding receiving has been updated, indicating that there are 2
remaining parts to be received out of the 4 parts ordered on the PO.
Invoice Purchase Orders
- When ready to invoice purchase orders,
open the Parts menu and select AP Invoices.
- Search for the vendor and select it from the list on the left. The
list on the right will be refreshed and display all outstanding invoices for
- A single invoice can be applied to one purchase order or many purchase
orders. Put a check next to the purchase orders to invoice, and then
slick on the Process Invoice button.
- A pop-up window displays all of the parts from the selected purchase orders
with their quantities and costs. Ensure that the the Invoice# and Invoice Date fields are completed. If the part costs
changed from the original purchase order, update them in the Unit Cost column.
- For added costs, such as freight, click on the 0.00 hyperlink next to Added
Cost. In the pop-up window, click the green plus next to the appropriate
cost, then enter the dollar amount and click Save.
- Click OK at the bottom of the AP Invoice screen to finalize
and close the invoice.
Part Master Overview (Video)
Introduction This article provides and overview of the Part Master screen in EMDECS and how to modify part settings in EMDECS. Video Walkthrough of Part Master Click on the square at the bottom right-hand corner to view the video in full screen mode. ...
Configure Part Markup and Pricing (Video)
Expand the table of contents above to skip to a specific section. Introduction This article and video provide a walkthrough on how managers can configure part markup and pricing in EMDECS. Video Walkthrough Click on the square at the bottom ...
Create, Receive, and Invoice a Parts PO (Video)
This article provides a video and step-by-step walkthrough of how to create a new parts purchase order (PO), receive the parts, then invoice purchase orders in EMDECS. Video Walkthrough Click on the square at the bottom right-hand corner to view the ...
Sublet Repair Orders and Sublet Parts (Video)
Introduction If work is completed on a unit on your behalf by a third-party repair shop, the work and costs can be recorded in EMDECS as a sublet repair. This video and article explain how to add sublet repairs and sublet parts to a repair order in ...
Order Parts - Spot Orders