first screen that is displayed is the To be Invoiced screen. This screen shows any
open counter sales which are yet to be invoiced.
EMDECS automatically shows the
default Location counter sales. You can change the Location by clicking on the magnifying glass to select a new one. Or you can type in the Location name in
the text field and choose it from the drop down list.
3. To add a new counter sale, click on Add New Counter Sale in
the top right corner.
4. In the pop-up, select a Location and Customer.
If you don't
already have that customer in EMDECS, you can create one on the fly by clicking
on the + New button.
This will open up a pop-up where you can add all the
information for your new customer. Once you're finished adding all the
information, click on OK.
Once you've selected the Location and Customer the Counter Sale screen will pop-up.
5. The top pane of the screen displays general information such as Location, Sale #, Sale Date, Ship From and To, and Reference Numbers. You can add these as necessary.
On the right-hand side, there is a summary of charges.
If the parts are being shipped to an alternate address, click on the "Add New" hyperlink to create a ship to address that is different from the customer's address.
Select on the location you're shipping from or shipping to then click on Save/Exit.
add a Surcharge, click on the Surcharges hyperlink.
Click on the green plus for the appropriate surcharge you
want to add.
EMDECS will automatically calculate the Percentage, but if you want to do
a Flat Rate surcharge, check the Flat Rate check box and add in the amount. Click OK when you are finsihed.
7. To adjust taxes select the Taxes hyperlink.
You can add and override any taxes in this screen. Click OK when finished.
8. To add parts to the counter sale, enter a Part Number or Part Description in the Part Number field, then click on the matching search result.
An on-hand summary is displayed on the right hand side for reference.
You can then adjust the quantity as needed and click Add Part.
You also have the option to click on the
magnifying glass which will show you your list of parts. You can scroll through
this list or use any of the advanced search options at the top of the screen.
Repeat these steps to add additional parts to the counter sale.
9. Once you've added all your parts to the counter sale, you
can adjust the Order Quantity, Charge Quantity, and Charge. Select the
text field and type in the appropriate values.
10. At the bottom of the screen there are multiple buttons. Here is an overview of what each one does.
Void - The Counter sale will be removed from the To be Invoiced tab and moved to the History tab under the Voided filter
Save/Exit - The Counter Sale will remain in the To be Invoiced tab and you can come back to it at a later date to invoice it
Pick List - This will open up a PDF that displays all the part #'s, locations and warehouses that you need to collect for the Counter Sale
Estimate - At any time, you can click on the Estimate button to print a PDF of an estimate to provide to your customer prior to invoicing.